Saturday, September 4, 2010

day fourteen


Noon. My first glimpse of Saturday. Many people enjoy the juicy CRUNCH of biting into a granny smith apple, the intense heat on your face at the beach, or the savory smell coming from the oven as scents from fresh baked pie floods a kitchen, but none of these come close to the beauty of sleeping until lunchtime. Especially after a looong week at work!

So this couch is where I have slept every night that I have been in Chicago, except for two nights that I slept in Ace's (Nate Kelly) bed. (I will be quick to tell you that Ace was no where close to the bed at the time I was sleeping!) To this day, I havent even laid in my bed here. The couch has proven to support my legs and head at once. The tiny mattresses here support about from my shoulders to mid calf. I feel like they bought them straight from Willy Wonkas hotel for Oompa-Loompas.

Today, this couch served as more than just a bed or a seat, but as a best friend. Well, one of them. I partied all day today with my three best friends in Chicago: my couch, my computer and my sketchbook/pencils. While I am not impressed or eager to share this fact, it is the truth. Maybe 1 hour was spent today off of it, which was to get lunch, supper, bathroom breaks and fighting with Ace. However, at the end of the day if you lay your head on your pillow (or arm rest) and have a smile on your face, then that day was a success! Guess what.....I'm still smiling!

1 comment: