Wednesday, September 1, 2010

day eleven


Discussion, discussion and more discussion. This is starting to be the theme for this week. As for last week we discovered the city and learned about it. This week, I feel that we are discovering each other's inside colors and learning about that. Makes me wonder what the next two weeks will involve. Will we finally discuss and learn about the cultures we are going to be serving in? Doubtful...

As we huddled in our living room, each person in a different mindset, we are forced to discuss, in depth, different questions. Now, to throw people together and FORCE them to converse about deep subjects at a given time is no way to get anything productive done. These things have to come in on their own. Instead, I feel like I sat through an awkward session on people feeling like they had to share thoughts an opinions to make someone of greater authority happy that we are "getting along." In all reality, the conversation seemed to put me in a different mindset about a lot of the situations we debate about than the mindsets of the other participants.

I feel that tensions were a bit high near the end, and everyone wanted to do their own things. A China team member and myself escaped to catch the El downtown and go hit up Shed Aquarium. However, when we got there, they wanted me to fork over 35 hard earned dollars. We were prepared for 25, but the simple increase of $10 is a bit much to ask. I may sound cheap, but, in all reality, I am. While the day was not wasted, we found many new areas to attempt getting a good image of the cityscape of downtown Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment