Thursday, September 2, 2010

day twelve


Seminary. This word is something that should not even be in my vocabulary. The only reason I should ever know anything about seminary is because I lived with my brother Jeremy while he was attending seminary. Continuously, I would come home to find him doing homework, studying, researching (all the above) just for one class, then reading a book like War and Peace for another one. And this was just for Monday night! I would never dream of going to seminary. Well...today, seminary was brought to me. One of the teachers, James Krabill, came to Chicago to talk to us about peace and evangelism.

Now I had no idea who this guy was when he walked in. However, I felt like he had his scope right on my forehead. He could tell I was a Shue from the minute he saw me. And if he didnt, he knew the minute I opened my mouth. "I am Isaac Shue from Harper, Kansas, and I just graduated from Goshen College."

"Oh, a brother to Jeremy I am guessing. You are the one that I had to cancel class last year so Jeremy could go to your graduation, huh?"

Isnt THIS what you want the guest speaker to say the first time he talks to you. Awesome!

During the evening I had the chance to return to, and explore the Chicago Art Institute. It is always fun to visit, but after seeing the paintings look the exact same, I find myself getting bored and springing through the exhibits to get out. However, this time, I tried to take interesting photos of the art, making a bit of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment