Sunday, August 29, 2010

day eight


The first day of sleeping in and really relaxing. After becoming full conscious about noon and hitting up some rice and beans for lunch, a group was walking down the street a few blocks to the beach. Who woulda ever known that there was a beach in Chicago? I have known it was on a HUGE lake since the first time I saw it on a map, HOWEVER, I just never really thought about a city in the middle of the country, no where near an ocean, having a beach.

Each group was supposed to go to a designated church that spoke the language that would be spoke in their future immersion location. China started at 10:30 AM and England started at 4 PM. Bolivia was unaware of what time we went to church so instead of looking, I just decided to go to the beach with England. I was there just enough time to take a picture of the 34532 dogs in attendance and then receive a phone call saying out church started in and hour and took longer than that to get there.

Basically, I ran back to the house, quickly showered and the team bolted as fast as we could to our church and made it only five minutes late. The service is usually only in Spanish, but, due to five caucasian English speakers walking in to a church of 12 people, one of them decided to translate for us. I was glad, because my Spanish is not quite to the point it needs to be for the coming year, but soon it will be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment