Monday, August 30, 2010

day nine


I once heard it is hard to know where you are going, unless you know where you have been. (pretty sure it was from the movie HITCH. who would have known will smith could actually teach a good life lesson huh?) I feel that this really came to use, as Radical Journey requires us to share our life and faith stories and adventures in front on the people on our country team. This has always been something that is hard for me to do. Not physically hard, but emotionally. I have no problem talking, which I am sure that most of you know, but, the hard part comes when I try to hide my emotional side that I feel is a weakness! It was good to let these emotions out and letting my group know that I am not the "hardass" that I am sure my personality has led on. Just the other day the group was talking about crying, and the last time they had. Darrell, the director, looked at me and made some comment close to the following. "I bet it takes quite a bit to get you to cry, huh?" If he only knew!

As my story started pouring out of my mouth, my adventures in Miami and memories started coming into my thoughts about my boys down there sand where they are at today, and how they are living in such a place that most cant even imagine. As the words came, so did the tears, and then I looked up in the back of the room and saw some artwork that I had not noticed yet since being here at JPUSA. And as I looked at this artwork, I noticed that the lamps said "Love," "Faith" and "Hope," and then had the trinity symbol cut out of the bottom. Just below them were the two paintings that were bursting with color and seemed to be shouting stories! I dont know exactly what it was, if anything, that God was trying to say, but it gave me such a peace for the coming year as I just sat and stared at these paintings while my eyes dried up and continued on with sharing my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment