Tuesday, August 31, 2010

day ten


As the day come to a start, it was another day full of discussion about life and the adventures that we have had with God on our side. As I sat listening, I heard questions about religion and life that many friends and I have discussed at college, as well as even some of the same thoughts that I have wrestled with in my walk. I started noticing (I had noticed earlier, but never really thought about it) that my entire group is at a stage in life I was in 6 years ago as I was entering college. I realized that the year, with the group, will be more of a year of helping others compared to be the one learning. Of course I will learn from these individuals as well, but, at this point it is hard to see this part.

For an evening activity, we went to a local nonprofit that helps male prostitutes and heard some of their stories about life on the street and having to sell themselves to other men for money just to "stay alive." It was a very interesting evening, and made me realize something I never had been exposed to in this crazy world! At the end, they passed out business cards and books of matches that had their name, logo and address all over them. Now lets think about this, what happens when you give 12 20-year olds a book of matches each? Nothing good comes from it. We wasted almost every pack we had trying to light every match and get a quality picture of someone holding it in their mouth! Of course I had to join in...

1 comment:

  1. Interesting pic Isaac! Surprised you didn't burn anything!

    ReplyDelete